I’m a complete malayalee and i’m excited to make this post because i personally use malayalam keyboard in my android phone to make conversations much more easier and comfortable. No matter whichever language we use to communicate we will always be comfortable with our mother tongue malayalam.
Let’s dive into our topic! Here i’m going to list down the most rated malayalam keyboard applications that makes your job much more easier. The below segments are classified into two, Malayalam keyboard for android and malayalam keyboard for computer.
Top 5 Malayalam Keyboard for Android Phone
These are the top rated malayalam keyboard apps in 2019 that are ruling the playstore. I have already made a research on the best performing english to malayalam keyboard and listed down them for you. Have a look athe features of each one of them and select one according to your wish.
1.Manglish Malayalam Keyboard
Manglish Malayalam Keyboard, commonly known as Manglish has transformed the way people type Malayalam on Android. Join 2,500,000+ users who save time using our word predictions and accurate phonetic transliteration.
Now with Malayalam movie sticker comments. Use these amazing fun stickers in your conversations inside any messaging app.
Typing with Manglish is the fastest way to type – you don’t need any other Malayalam input tools. It works inside all applications on your phone – no more copy-paste! Start typing in English and choose Malayalam word for what you’re typing. The most common words work without internet.
Chat with your friends and family in your native language – use Malayalam on Whatsapp, Facebook or any other app. The only app that supports Malayalam dialogue stickers in Whatsapp and other chat apps.
How to use this Malayalam keyboard
1. Open Manglish Keyboard from your apps after installing
2. Enable and choose Manglish as your keyboard
3. Customize settings and choose any of the amazing themes
4. Start typing Malayalam everywhere
5. Spice up your conversations by using Malayalam photo comments from our curated movie dialogue stickers
– Switch between Malayalam and English predictions by clicking on the മ button
– Add emojis/smileys in your chats from the keyboard. Hold the 123 key or press 123 and select the emoji icon to get a list of smileys
– Click on the stickers icon in the suggestion bar to open the Sticker/GIF/Emoji section. You can also use the emoji key to open this
– Malayalam stickers are categorized into groups. Click on a sticker to preview it and click Send to send it in your chat
– Scroll GIFs sideways and touch on a GIF to send it. You can choose from different categories of GIFS
– Choose “Vibrate on keypress” to add a small vibration when pressing each key
– Enable “Insert space after . ,” to add a space automatically after these characters
– Enabling “Press space to select word” will automatically select the Malayalam prediction when you press space
– Choosing “Edit English on backspace” will change the converted Malayalam text back to English for easier editing. Turning this off will let you edit Malayalam text directly by pressing backspace
– “Use offline predictions” can be turned off to get only exact matches for what you type. This will need an active internet connection to work
– Choose a theme that you like from “Keyboared themes”
– To remove all ads from the app, click “Remove Ads” and make a purchase. This is a small one time price and helps support us
2.Google Handwriting Input
Google Handwriting Input allows you to handwrite text on your phone or tablet in 100 languages. It supports printed and cursive writing, with or without a stylus. Google Handwriting Input also supports more than a thousand emojis, so you can express yourself in any Android app.
• A useful complement to touchscreen typing or voice input
• A fun way to enter emojis by drawing
• Useful for languages that can be challenging to type on a standard keyboard
• Works across your Android phones and tablets running Android 4.0.3 and up
• If you claim your handwriting is terrible, try it out and see if it can convince you otherwise
3.Malayalam Keyboard for Android
Malayalam Keyboard for Android™ is a simple and fast Malayalam input tool for Android devices. By setting the default input method in your android device,this tool can be used in any application for typing Malayalam.
1) A unique layout with 31 keys for typing Malayalam.
2) Easy to learn layout – Malayalam letter keys are arranged in alphabetical order
3) Quick switch to qwerty and symbol keypad
4) Fully customizable symbol and Emoji Layout with built in layout Editor.
5) Unicode Character Map Support
6) Subject-wise word prediction feature – create word prediction list from websites and text files
7) Easily input koottaksharam with single tap using the scrollable koottaksharam list above the keyboard(turn off prediction).
8)Automatic Word learning feature.
9) Can also be used in devices with Android version which did not support proper Malayalam rendering.
10) Real-time Malayalam spell checker facility.
11) 7 keyboard themes with character color,size change option
1) Keys in Second last row are for selection only (Eg: On pressing ‘അ’ in second last row, letters അ to ഐ – will displayed in third row of keypad- second last rows ‘ക’ key is used for input ക to ഞ from third row and so on)
2) Use ‘ABC’ key to launch the qwerty keypad.
3) Use ‘123’ key to get the number and symbol keys.
4)Long Press Enter Key to launch Supplementary symbol keypad
5) For setting Malayalam Keyboard for Android™ as your default keyboard- Open Settings-> Language and input ->Select Malayalam Keyboard for Android as your default keyboard.
6) For adding new word to prediction database just tap on the specified word(first word in the list) displayed above the keypad.
7) Use the keyboard key(bottom left) to close the keypad or Long press on it to change default input method.
4.Malayalam Voice to Text
Quick and easy way to convert Malayalam voice/speach/speaking to text. Forget about installing Malayalam keyboard and typing. This app will reduce your effort to type it. Just speak , the app will convert it to Malayalam text quickly.
– Option for single touch WhatsApp share
– Copy or share via any other apps.
– Floating quick ball to access this application from any screens.
– Convert even lengthy voices.
– Lightweight and easy to use.
Disclaimer : App doesn’t save or sync the voice or text it processed.
Our English to Malayalam converter helps to get your message in your native Malayalam within seconds.
Our Malayalam keyboard app is differ from other app, you can write your message and save your message in our app itself and at anytime you can send the message to anyone with our dedicated share message button to different messaging and social media application.
Our Malayalam keyboard is also easy to write , especially elder peoples can easily write with bigger font for each alphabets in Malayalam.
Comedy Malayalam movie stickers is also included in the application ,so it is easy to have a funny chat with movie trolls.
The use of Malayalam keyboard comes when chatting with friends and relatives,Malayalam would be more convenient to express your thoughts
* Very simple Malayalam typing keyboard
* English to Malayalam typing feature
* English to Malayalam translation
* Simple and awesome UI
* New Malayalam movie troll stickers
Malayalam Keyboard for Windows
Malayalam Typing is a free app developed to type Malayalam language fast and easily. Unfortunately Windows Phone doesn’t provide Malayalam keyboard for its user, this app is dedicated for Great Malayalees who are interested to write Malayalam in their windows phone.
It has many features :
• Malayalam keyboard and manglish typing in single app
• Fully customizable
• Share Malayalam to popular social network and chatting messenger including WhatsApp
• Beautiful UI Design
• One hand keypad
• Keyboard Styles
• Dedicated Keys
• Many more. Just try it and you will love.
Malayalam Keyboard for iPhone
Malayalam Keyboard for iOS is the first and most complete Malayalam Keyboard layout available. This Malayalam Keyboard will be available system wide and in all applications on your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
Once installed, you must go to Setting/General/Keyboards/Keyboards/Add New Keyboard and tap on Malayalam Keyboard. This will allow the keyboard to be available for all your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch apps.
It also installs an application icon with additional features planned in the future. You don’t need use the icon to type Malayalam.
When you have a keyboard displayed, in any iOS application, press “world image” key to switch to or from Malayalam Keyboard for iOS.
Note: The word suggestion feature is planned but disabled in this release. An update will be released if and when the development is complete. This feature is still under heavy development and no release date has been set.
Malayalam is a language spoken in the state of Kerala in India.
This application requires iOS 8.0 or higher.
These are the list of malayalam keyboard applications that i have found. You can select any one of them and start typing malayalam through your smartphone or computer and make comfortable conversations.
If you liked this post please share it to your friend through the share buttons provided.